TikTok is a world-famous app used by millions of people across the globe. The new method of making short videos via this platform has attracted a lot of audiences. People can put in creativity and try new ways of making the most innovative videos on the app. It allows users to tell their stories in a little amount of 15 seconds.
With that being said, the app occupies enormous size, and that’s why TikTok has created a lite version that accommodates most of the similar features with reduced volume. Using TikTok lite, you will be able to create cool videos in no time with some fun and experience as that of the original application.
Now with that being said, lite version of TikTok does have some of its own merits. Let’s see some of its features and discover what makes it a great alternative to the original app.
Features of TikTok Lite
Personalized video feed – As a platform that explores a variety of videos from across the globe and their abundance, there should be a proper sorting to suit your tastes. TikTok lite takes care of that issue by making your watching habits into account and only showing videos that you’d want to watch. So you can be on the home screen of the app, and you will be able to come across videos from your favorite genre without having to search for them.
Free Music – There is an abundance of free music available on TikTok lite that you can add to your videos. Various playlists are out there that offer you a variety of music. By adding music to the videos, you will be able to bring a new dimension to your videos. Furthermore, by using audio clips, you can make lip-syncing videos and mimic your favorite artists.
Video Stylization – There are several things you can do to make your video more exciting and cool. You may use different filters that come up in-app to give an altered look to the video. You can also vary the speed of the video to get various kinds of effects.
That’s about some significant features of the application. Now let’s take a brief look at the benefits of using TikTok Lite.
Reduced size – The lite version is always smaller in size compared to the original version, and that’s the same case in the case of TikTok Lite. The application occupies only around 30mb of space compared to TikTok which occupies about 75mb of space. So if you are short on your storage then you should definitely download this version of the app.
Work on low speed – One of the benefits of using TikTok lite is that it doesn’t require a high speed of the internet. It is designed to work even at 3G speed.
- It requires less space.
- It can work on low internet speed.
- It offers a similar viewing experience as that of the official app.
- Fewer features while creating videos.
Installation of TikTok Lite on PC
TikTok Lite can work on PC as well but not directly as software but via a suitable and stable emulator. In that regard, two of the best options are BlueStacks and Nox.
1. The first steps include downloading BlueStacks on your PC. To do that, go to the official website of BlueStacks and initiate the download.
2. After downloading it, open the file and start the installation of BlueStacks software on your PC. Wait for some time for installation to finish.
3. When you are done with the installation, open the software. On the home screen, click on the Play Store app.
4. Now in the search box type name of TikTok Lite and the application will appear.
5. Click on it and install the app.
1. Just like Bluestacks, you will have first to download the Nox emulator on your PC. Go to the official website of Nox, and there you will find the download button to begin downloading.
2. Start downloading it and wait for some time.
3. When it’s over, open the downloaded file and install the software.
4. After installation, launch the Nox player. On the screen, you can spot a PlayStore app which is in-built just like Bluestacks. Open it.
5. Search for the TikTok Lite by typing it in the search field. Once found, click on the download button, and it will be added.
Besides this, if you don’t want to install the app through Playstore, you can download the apk file and then manually add it to the emulator.
1. What’s the significant difference between TikTok and TikTok lite?
The viewing section of both of the apps is similar. The difference lies in the creation section. In TikTok lite, you have limited resources for creating your video, while TikTok offers more of it.
2. Does TikTok Lite consume less battery and data compared to TikTok?
Yes. As the app is designed to cope up with low internet speed, it consumes fewer data comparatively. Similarly, since some features are cut short, battery consumption is low.
3. Is TikTok lite worth downloading?
If you’re the kind of person who wants to save internet data and is only interested in watching videos, then it’s definitely for you.
While TikTok Lite lacks in features compared to TikTok, there’s no reason it can’t act as a good substitute for it for the people with low internet speed and storage. The core features are all in place even for a lite version, so there’s not much of a difference. You won’t be disappointed even if you switch to a lite version of the app.
Also Read: How To Edit Videos Using VLLO App