Do you have your old Android devices such as your HTC touch, Nokia, or your LG at your home and you are thinking of doing DIY surveillance? Then it would help if you thought of the old mobile phones that you have. Manything is an app that will make it possible for you to create a surveillance camera for your home.
Your Android device can be used as the surveillance then you can get another Android device that you can download the app for viewing. In this article, we are going to talk more about the Manything app, its features, how to set it up, and how to manage it.
What is Manything App for PC
Manything app is a free app that enables your Android devices to convert to surveillance cameras. The app leverages the power of your device’s microphone and camera to create a DIY camera. You can then use another Android device to configure and view everything from the app.
The app is not sophisticated as many security apps in the market, but it is an effortless, uncomplicated way to keep things secure at your home. Whether it is to keep watch on your children or pets, the Manything app will be a good option app for you.
How to Use the Manything App
As mentioned, you need to have an Android device to use this app that you can use the camera. If you are going to use more than one camera, these two need to be Android devices. Download the app on each of the tools that you need to use for camera and set them up on places that you want your surveillance cameras to be at.
The next thing you need to do is find another Android device that should an active and download the app on the mobile phone. You will also need to register in the app using your Facebook account or submit your email and a password on each of the devices that you have installed Manything App for PC. Also, remember to connect to the internet or WIFI for live recording or live footage of events.
After installing and registering, you will be greeted with a welcome message and links to crucial information like tutorials and FAQs. There are two buttons on the app, namely the viewer and camera. You will tap on the viewer button if the app is on your viewing app on your active device. The camera button, on the other hand, will be pressed on the devices that will be used as surveillance cameras.
TIP: Leaving your device on for continuous recording may result in your device heating up. If left for too long while overheating, your Android devices might shut down and stop live recording. So what do you do in such a case to avoid your device from overheating? You will need to keep your device directly connected to a power source. You will also need to keep the device from direct sunlight or from warmer areas. Keep the recording devices in cool places while they record.
Manything App for PC Features
This app has some of the best features that an excellent surveillance app should have. Below are some of the features that the app possesses.
- With the Manything App monthly subscription, your recorded videos will automatically be saved to the cloud, thus keeping them safe.
- Manything App will signal you when there is a motion detected. You will receive some alerts from your viewer app when motion is detected on your camera devices.
- You can watch live videos from your phone as long as the camera devices are connected to the internet or WIFI. You will watch live streams from anywhere and at any time you want.
- You can also connect or disconnect your cameras at home remotely using your Manything App.
- With the two-way communication feature, you can talk to people at home using your Manything app.
- Easy to set up process – unlike most surveillance applications, setting up Manything app is very easy where a novice can also do it without a lot of confusion.
How much does Manything cost?
Manything will offer you a free subscription where you will be required to use one camera with a live stream. The App also provides other subscriptions based on the number of cameras to be used up to five cameras. There are two days subscription options, seven days subscription and also a monthly subscription.
How to download and use the Manything App for PC
As mentioned earlier, the application is meant to work on Android devices. However, you can use an emulator to download the app on your PC. Below are the steps you need to follow to download the app on your PC.
- Download and install Nox Emulator on your PC.
- After you will be required to log in to your Google account or Gmail account to access Google Play Store.
- After you access the Play Store app, you need to search for the Manything app on the search space, and once you find it, you can install it on your PC.
- Enjoy using the app on a larger screen.