Foscam IP camera and app and how to install it on PC
Security cameras at many homes have become essential equipment in many homes these days. With a security camera at home, you can be assured of safety at home and the safety of your loved ones. Foscam is a company that deals with such cameras, and in this article, we are going to speak more about their IP security cameras and the Foscam App.
What is Foscam?
Foscam is a company that deals with IP security cameras. Foscam is under the Shenzhen Foscam Intelligent Technology co. This is a company in China that deals with all things to do with IP video cameras and their solutions. Foscam is dedicated to providing the public with the safest, high quality yet cost-effective security cameras.
The company was founded in 2007, and it’s headquarters are in Shenzhen, China. It’s operations, however, are all over the world with its branches and distributions done all over the world.
With Foscam, you do not need to wait until you get home to view everything that has recorded. You can do this using the Foscam App.
Check Also: Yoosee Camera for PC – Free Download
What is the Foscam App
This an app that lets you manage your Foscam cameras from anywhere in the world. You can live view from your phone, talk through your camera with the app, record videos, and so much more.
With this App, you can store some of your favorite videos since it has an extensive storage space. With Foscam you can also get notifications on your device whenever there is any kind of movement around your house. The App is available on both Google Play and the App Store.
What is an IP camera, and how does it work?
IP cameras go by different names such as webcams, network cameras, and other names. Whatever name you choose to call these cameras, they are internet cameras that transmit data over a local area network or internet. With a webcam, you can receive images from any area through the internet.
How does an IP camera work?
They work more like digital cameras, whereby they capture images and compress them to send them over the internet. IP cameras can be connected to the internet using cables on the ethernet cable to a broadband modem or wireless using a router.
How is an IP camera set up?
An IP camera is relatively easy to set up, and all you need to do is ensure that you connect it to a network and your patience for the camera to configure and site. The majority of IP cameras like the Foscam camera are configured to live records, continuous recording, and they are also set to work at a scheduled time or when triggered by a certain event.
Setting Foscum camera through the web interface.
- Foscam IP camera
- Foscam installation software
- An internet cable
- A modem router
- A socket
- A PC connected to the same network as the IP camera
- If you have a WIFI IP camera, write down the password of the connection.
Step 1: Connecting the IP camera
- Take the camera’s power cable and the network cable. If you are using a WIFI camera, the wire will be used to configure
- Connect the power cable to the socket and another end to the camera’s power input.
- Connect one end of the internet cable to the modem router and the other end to the IP camera.
Step 2: Installing the software
Now that the IP camera has been connected, it’s now time to install the software. Follow the steps below to ensure that you have successfully installed the software on your computer.
- Using a computer whose network is the same one that your IP camera is using. Head to the Foscam download page from your Windows browser.
Next, find your IP camera type and select ‘software download’ depending on your OS download either for Windows or Mac.
- Open the software’s downloaded file and copy the folder to where you would want it to be on your computer.
- Now the software has been installed.
Step 3: Accessing the IP camera
Now that we have already downloaded and installed the software, we are not done yet. It is time now we prepare the camera for use. Follow the steps below to start using the camera.
- Open the installed software from your PC or phone.
- The software will then now automatically detect any Foscam IP camera around it. Double click on the camera that shows up on the screen. It can be identified by the name of the IP camera.
- At this point, your browser will automatically take you to the configuration process, and you will be asked whether you want to install a plugin that you will agree to do. The plugin will enable you to see the images that have been recorded.
- After you have installed the plugin, restart your browser.
Step 4: Configuring the camera
The plugin that you have downloaded ensures that you can view the images that the camera has captured. Follow the steps below as we show you how you can configure the camera to start using it.
- After restarting your browser, you will automatically be taken to the login page where you can insert your details. If your browser has forgotten, try opening the Foscam software again, and then you can log in from there.
- In the use field, you can enter ‘admin’ in small letters and leave ‘password’ empty.
- You can change the language just below.
- Now click ‘login’ and change the user details. Insert the username and the password and click change. Your account now has been created, hold on to the log in details since you will need them to use the IP camera.
- After this, you will see the ‘set up wizard’ where you can set up your own preferences like the country, time zone, and the name of your IP camera.
- Now the installation is complete, and the IP camera page will appear automatically, and you can start using this camera.
Keeping your home and family safe is an essential thing to do, so this Foscam camera is going to come in very handy for this purpose. You can view all the events happening at home from any part of the world using the Foscam App.