EyesPie, in general, is a Design It Yourself home security system which technically turns your old smartphone into some sort of CCTV camera which you can monitor it using another phone. You not only monitor the view from the camera but also hear sounds. You can monitor your home 24 hours a day 7 days a week as well as identify the devices that are connected to your WIFI system automatically thanks to its WIFI support. When connected to the internet, you can access the camera from anywhere in the world.
Equipped with motion detection with on-demand monitoring, EyesPie is able to record every motion it detects then notifies you whenever necessary. It also comes with an off-screen feature that enables you to monitor guys without disturbing them. There is also a zooming feature which is pretty cool.
Concerned about how secure EyesPie is? Well, the app does not ask for the user’s e-mail, phone number or any other personally identifiable information. In addition, the information about the devices that can access your device is not saved on servers rather it is saved locally. A device requesting to connect will always be rejected if you have not added it. When you remove a device from the app, it will no longer have access to your phone.
Similar Read: Get XMEYE App for Windows PC and Mac
When setting up, the EyesPie app will start by giving your device a name. This is the name it will use to connect different devices. These names are usually unique and are registered on the servers. You will require an internet connection for this. As mentioned earlier, you will be required to add device names in which you have granted access to your phone for security reasons. Below are the steps to do this:
- Firstly, give your device a name
- Secondly, give your other device a name
- Then, add your second device to your first device and your first device to your second device.
- Finally, tap on the device’s name you just added to connect.
You will be required to subscribe to the Motion detection feature in this app since it will be sending you notifications whenever motion is detected. It only alerts you when it detects motion continuously for a given time. This, in turn, prevents false detections that could have been caused by birds. It records locally when motion is detected. You will be required to follow three simple steps in order to set up motion detection.
- Subscribe to a monthly plan
- There will be a motion detection button that you will tap to select the devices that the alerts will be sent to.
- Lastly, hold your phone still for about 5 seconds to activate motion detection.
Upon receiving a motion alert, you just have to tap on the notification for it to connect to the device and show you a live feed.
Some of the awesome features of the EyesPie app include:
Two-way video + Audio talk. This means that you can have a video along with the audio. This is what makes using this App as a CCTV better than a standalone camera. This can come in handy as you can let a burglar know that he’s under surveillance forcing him to run away.
- Zoom and pan. You can pinch to zoom in and out of certain areas.
- Remote recording. This app allows you to record both audio and video.
- Web view. This means you can access your mobile CCTV using any browser. You will just need to scan a QR code.
- HD video. It provides a high-quality video feed
- It cannot be hacked since the device’s information is saved locally.
EyesPie is not limited to smartphones only. You can also install it on your PC and monitor everything going on in your home when you are away. But since it is an Android app, you need to install an emulator on your PC first that will enable Android apps to run on your computer. BlueStacks App Player is the most common emulator. With this, you can now install both EyesPie for Windows and EyesPie for Mac.
If you want to download and install EyesPie for PC, follow the steps below:
- First, you will have to download and install the BlueStacks app on your PC. You can get it from their download website.
- Launch the BlueStacks app on your PC as soon as the installation process is complete then click on the “My App” button and search for EyesPie.
- The search results will appear. Install it.
- You will be required to log in to your Google account before downloading apps from Google play with BlueStacks.
- Once you are logged in, the installation process will begin.
Also Check: Best 5 Remote and Video Surveillance Apps for PC